Before:
And After:
Now this was no ordinary, run of the mill Walmart Wonder that had dummy proof step-by-step directions. It was on sale at Fry's (Fred Meyer, Smith's Marketplace equivalent) and had only 1 picture to put the legs on the table, and only 4 pictures to assemble the chairs. Not words, just pictures. I would consider it a level or two above the average Walmart Wonder. I even had to screw in some of my own holes! Rock on!
So, with my hex key and screwdriver in hand, Taylor Swift and Zac Brown Band playin' in my CD player, I went to work. Saturday nights don't get much better than that. Haha : ) My roommate Nicole offered to help too, so I had her put the legs on the table and assemble a chair. I'm still learning to share when it comes to the good stuff :)
So now we have a table and chairs for the dining room, a chair and footstool (sorry Grandma, ottoman) in the living room, and my little yellow and blue tv stacked on top of my KitchenAid box with my DVD player on the floor to the side. We're gettin' there...slowly but surely we're gettin' there. :)

Hail, building queen! I'm glad you had such fun with your project. Looks good, not that I'm surprised. Now, the question is: Did you go bake some bread afterwards to feel more domestic? That was a funny day... By the way, you still have that Rocco's Modern Life TV? hehe
ReplyDeletegood work. i like it moi much!
ReplyDeleteI'm beginning to agree with you! Building furniture can be pretty therapeutic if you're in the mood to patiently read the directions.
ReplyDelete