Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wake Up Call

We've all been there...Something wakes you up before you intended on waking up and it just goes down hill from there...

This is my story.

A physical therapy clinic that I had interviewed with two weeks earlier flew me back down for a clinic visit and had put me up in a hotel for the weekend. I set my alarm for 8am Friday to get up and go for a run and get ready for my day in the clinic...

RING RING RING RING RING!!

What the heck!? What time is it? Who the heck is calling me at 6:45am?? What is going on? So I crawl out of bed and stumble over to the desk and pick up the phone to hear "Goodmorning, this is your wake up call" I DIDN'T ASK FOR A WAKE UP CALL AT 6:45 IN THE A-M!! Grrrrr!!!! Ok...1:15 left to sleep before I have to get up and get ready. I'm going back to sleep. WRONG! I crawl back into bed and finally get comfortable and I have to pee. That might be one of the worst things ever...when you have to get up and go to the bathroom when you are all comfy in bed. Ok, get up. Take care of business. Get back to bed. Sleep...Wrong again. Now I have hunger pains shooting through my poor little tummy. GOSH! So I toss and turn for a while and finally get the pain to subside. Ok. 50 minutes left to sleep. Sleep...Are you kidding me? The drapes are just far enough apart that the wonderful Arizona sunshine is shining in on my not so smiling face. Get up again. Close the drapes. Crawl back into bed. Toss and turn for a little bit. Re-adjust the five pillows surrounding my head for the 8th time. Sleep.

30 minutes later... Beep Beep Beep Beep.

I hate it when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment